Sunday 20 December 2009

Can I just say I love Steve and Becky!

I know it came out of nowhere, and i know it seems a bit like a Karen-rerun but i still love Becky and Steve together. Part of me thinks maybe Steve went for Becky because Michelle was just dragging him down so it's kind of a rebound thing. Becky is certainly more fun than Michelle, that's for sure. Becky is going to be as high maintenance as Karen, really. Karen was gobby and so is Becky. They are both spirited and dominating. Steve has always prefered domineering woman and you know, maybe it's true that a lot of men go for women like their mothers, same as a lot of women go for men like their fathers. Liz is certainly domineering and gobby.

It's interesting that Liz has taken so much against Becky, same as she did Karen. I think it's probably like looking in the mirror for her because they aren't that different really. It bothers me that Liz is so nasty to Becky and doesn't hide it, even around Amy sometimes. It also bothers me that Steve doesn't really put his foot down with his mother and tell her to lay off once and for all. All she gets from him is a warning "mother!" but he doesn't go any further. No wonder Liz thinks she can get away with being so bitchy. Becky can hold her own but is obviously very hurt just the same.

Becky's got a strong shell but inside she's a scared little girl. She's had a pretty rough life from the stories we've heard her tell. Up to now, she's survived any way she could but the support and belief in her from Roy and Hayley have given her a bit of self esteem and she's bloomed. Now Steve loves her and maybe that will really be the making of her, who knows?

I always thought Karen was the perfect one for Steve but she was too much a loose cannon for him. Will Becky go the same way? She's got the potential but we'll be in for a roller coaster ride in the meantime. Steve and Becky are planning to get married on Friday 13th. Becky is highly superstitious. Do YOU think it's going to go smoothly? Nor do I.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I never liked Karen. She had no redeeming qualities that I could see. The actress was fantastic, but I just couldn't get any liking for the charactor, and was at the point of not watching when she was on screen. Becky I love! They have done so much for her development, and pairing her with Roy and Hailey was a brilliant move by the writers. I look forward to the rollercoaster ride!

Tvor said...

I'd agree about Karen but i did like the character. Still, i like Becky much better and i think they've done a great job with the character.

Tvor said...

Aw... y'see, i know the wedding was totally over the top but i really enjoyed it anyway. You knew it was going to be a disaster from the word Go and so it was. It was never meant to be sweet, aside from some lovely scenes before the wedding with Becky, Roy, Hayley and Jason. Anyway, to each their own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...