Tuesday 15 February 2011

Coronation Street's Fat Brenda

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog in April, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)

As part of Coronation Street's 5oth this year, wouldn't it be great to see Fat Brenda from Levenshulme, at last?

She's one of the best Corrie characters that we've never seen and I feel it only fitting for her to put in an appearance on the show's special birthday this year.

I'm not the only Corrie fan hoping to see Fat Brenda, fan Chris M left a comment here saying exactly the same thing. And Gadgee also left a comment on that post saying that he thought Fat Brenda was probably really slim, because Curly was nicknamed on account of his straight, flat hair.

So come on, Corrie fans, let's start the petition now to bring Fat Brenda to life on Coronation Street - and leave your comments below!

3 comments:

bbhilda said...

I am not sure I want to meet her now, I would be afraid of being let down. Now I have met her on Twitter, and now here, I always picture her as that wonderful caricature that was drawn for her, and don't want to see her any other way, especially not thin. No, I like the Fat Brenda we have, let's keep the illusion.

Tvor said...

She reminds me a bit of Yana. I know what you mean, though. It's like when you picture a character from a book, but the movie casting always disappoints.

suzanne said...

I believe she should remain discussed, but unseen (like Norm's wife, Vera, in Cheers). Keeps the mystery alive. Although she is quite active on Twitter! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...