Friday 25 February 2011

Misery in West Yorkshire

This storyline with Norris and Mary in Haworth has really tickled me.  Well maybe tickled is not the right wording.  Clearly based on Stephen King's Misery, one of my favourite stories.  I haven't watched the movie in years but what I loved about this week's Corrie was that the odd flash of the movie came to me.  The Street carried on in  its normal way and then we jumped over The Pennines to West Yorkshire to a house in the middle of nowhere to find Norris being slowly handicapped by Kathy Bates' doppelganger.  I actually laughed out loud during Norris' failed getaway scene.  You were so close, all you had to do was speak to Rita and you would have been saved but then Mary, in her beast on wheels, came round the corner and you had no where to go.


Such a clever little piece I really enjoyed it.  Is this the end of Mary's Heathcliff obsession with Norris?  Probably not.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...