Friday 13 May 2011

Graeme Hawley denies being attacked by mad fan

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog in July, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Graeme Hawley, who plays Coronation Street's John Stape, has dismissed reports that he was attacked in a bar by an angry fan.

Newspaper reports today claim that Graeme was caught in a headlock in a Manchester bar by a fan who was upset about John’s fling with Rosie Webster. But Graeme was bemused by the story – saying that fans are never anything but friendly.

He said: “I suddenly started getting call this morning from friends and family asking if I was ok – I had no idea what they were talking about until someone pointed out the story. I have never been grabbed in a headlock by anyone, occasionally people will make jokey comments about John – particularly throughout the Rosie storyline, but it is always in good humour and I have never felt threatened. It is true that I tend to avoid crowded bars etc but that is as much to do with the fact that I am 36 and a dad as the fact that I am a famous face! I am happy to say that I have never found myself in a situation where I felt threatened. The fans are passionate about the show but that is what makes working on Corrie so great. John is the sort of character that does prompt reaction from people – but that is great, it means people are interested in what you are doing."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...