Thursday 5 May 2011

John Stape - miles better than expected (SPOILERS)

(This post was originally posted by Seapenguin on the Coronation Street Blog in July, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Fiz says she'll stand by her man, but will she? Should she? I say, run for the hills while you still can!

I must admit I had my doubts about this Fishwick storyline, thinking it was just another tired "body under the patio" scenario, and I was sure it would leave Coronation Street's John Stape nowhere to go but to a maximum secure unit at HMP.
However, it's not really turning out like that - John seems to be handling the whole thing with total aplomb and has got me convinced he can get away with murder - and everything else. It's a totally over the top plot, but I'm really enjoying the ride - John's turned into Ken Barlow on crack (not that I've ever tried crack, nor do I intend to - and apologies to any reader who has and is offended). Last two nights he's been pretending to be a furniture salesman - and getting away with it (with the Windasses playing a blinder as usual).

(SPOILERS BELOW)

But that's tame stuff for our John. Next few episodes the plot really hots up - he's going to be punched in the mush by an angry cuckold, blackmailed by the toothsome Charlotte, determined to get her mitts on his "meat and two veg", and to crown it all, he does away with the ghastly Fishwick! I cannot wait! In fact - why not "do" Charlotte while you're at it - plenty of room in the foundations of Underworld (although better be quick before Izzy's dad starts putting in that new flooring...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I for one will glad to see the back of him!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...