Thursday 16 June 2011

My Fantasy Corrie Cast

(This post was originally posted by Seapenguin on the Coronation Street Blog in June, 2010, reposted with permission.)
 
After reading the recent post about Lysette Anthony joining Corrie, I was just thinking about all the famous faces "d'un age certain" - 'scuse my French - that have appeared on Coronation Street.

Not the ones who appeared when they were still unknowns, like Joanna Lumley - I mean well-established faces, such as Sir Ian McKellen, Andrew Sachs, Nigel Havers, Anthony Valentine, and so forth. And I was also thinking about those who have expressed a wish to appear, such as Julie Walters and Joanna Lumley.

How do the producers decide who will "blend in", as a character rather than a famous face, and who will not? It must be pretty difficult with the bigger stars. Ian McKellen was great - he really did seem to be "Mel Hutchwright". I didn't really find myself thinking "Oh, there's Ian McKellen." Now there's quality.

Why have I used this picture? well, Frances de la Tour and Richard Griffiths are two actors I'd love to see in Corrie - and they are so good, I'm certain they'd "fit in" in the Rovers. Other members of my "fantasy cast" would be Leonard Rossiter and Christopher Cazenove. Okay, both have sadly left us now, but hey. I think Richard E. Grant could be good, and also, Kate O'Mara, Kylie Minogue and Pamela Anderson - though how you'd get Kylie and Pammie to "blend in" is beyond me.



1 comment:

bbhilda said...

I always wanted to see Paul O'Grady as Lily Savage behind the bar of The Rovers. However it's not likely to happen as he doesn't 'do' her any more. I do think Paul would fit into Corrie anyway, his scouse accent would be fine, and he is a huge fan, so am sure he would jump at the chance.
Maybe we should start a campaign, 'We want Paul O'Grady in Corrie!'. Ooh, how about they bring him in as Yana's sugar daddy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...