Thursday 30 June 2011

What's in the wind for the Windasses?

(This post was originally posted by Seapenguin on the Coronation Street Blog September, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)

I suppose everyone's allowed a holiday sometime, but as a big Windass fan I've been experiencing "Eddie withdrawals" as he's only been glimpsed on screen occasionally and very briefly recently *pine*. However, today I read over on (contains spoiler) Digital Spy that the Afghanistan storyline, in which Gary Windass (played by Mikey North) features as a bomb disposal expert is definitely in the pipeline and is due to be Very Emotional. Hankies at the ready. I think this will be a good one. Lots of families have sons and daughters in the Forces and will be able to identify with this.

I know many people loathe Eddie due to his dreadful layabout tendencies and filthy habits, but there's more to him than that, and I think we're about to see Eddie at his best. However, I really hope the Coronation Street writers don't redeem him too much. Anna Windass (Debbie Rush) is always really good at humour and pathos so this will be ideal for her, and Mikey North is a credit to Corrie, so all in all, I'm going to sit back and enjoy. I only hope that Gary's upcoming flirtation with the awful Kylie is brief - I'd far rather see a Gary/Izzy romance develop.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...