Friday 29 July 2011

Did Jack Duckworth's news have you in tears, too?

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog October, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)

How many of us went "I'm not crying, right? I've just got something in me eye" tonight when Jack revealed his sad news on Coronation Street?

Saying goodbye to Jack Duckworth is going to be harder than I thought.  I was choked.  Well done to Bill Tarmey, who plays Jack, for such a moving performance.

The next few weeks is going to be a tough slog for those of us who have grown up with Jack Duckworth's presence on the telly, always there, always Jack, always down the pub supping or looking after his pigeons.

He's one of a dying breed of Corrie stalwarts.  Earlier this year we lost Blanche Hunt when actress Maggie Jones passed away. Now we're losing Jack Duckworth and we can only wish Bill Tarmey the very best of everything for his well deserved retirement. 

See alos: Bill Tarmey releases his autobiography.

2 comments:

Dorothy Stewart said...

Oh yes, I cried at the end of Thursday's show and during Friday's and I cried while telling my husband about Jack. It's going to be very hard to watch. I will write about it when, I hope, I can keep from crying. I interviewed Bill Tarmey and Elizabeth Dawn years ago - what a thrill and what lovely people. And, lucky you, getting that fantastic portrait!!

Tvor said...

Lucky you getting to interview them! When you write about it, i'd be more than happy to link to your blog about it if you like. Just let me know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...