Tuesday 12 July 2011

What's the most iconic Corrie prop?


(This post was originally posted by Seapenguin on the Coronation Street Blog in August, 2010, reposted with permission.)

I was glad that most people voted for Coronation Street's Ken and Deirdre Barlow to stick it out. No marriage is a bed of roses all the time, and we all need to sit round the table and have a full and frank discussion now and again. Don't we, Ken and Deirdre?

And my goodness - their dining table has heard more than a few tales of woe. I must say that some of my favourite Corrie scenes have taken place around that table. Especially those with Peter, Simon and the sorely missed Blanche. I love that they still have photos of uncle Albert and Blanche nearby - and on a recent episode there was one of Adam. Does anyone happen to know if it is the original table, or recent? And does anyone else have a particular Corrie prop they'd hate to see disappear? Feel free to tell me I need to get a life!

Edited to add: Yes, the dining room set is the one bit of furniture/props that has been there since the beginning. It was Uncle Albert's originally. 

1 comment:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Diedre's chain belt gets lots of use as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...