Sunday 18 September 2011

The best Corrie week of our lives

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora and Seapenguin on the Coronation Street Blog December, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Flaming Nora said:

Last night's live Coronation Street episode has left me reeling. 

Is Peter dead? Is Charlotte alive? Will Sally have Kevin's nuts strung up for Christmas decorations? 

So many highlights, so much to say, I don't know where to start. The acting was fantastic, the drama tight, the comedy light, the dialogue sparkling (thanks to Corrie writer Jan McVerry). 

Best of all, for this Corrie fan, is that the storyline every night so far has been surprising, shocking even. Now you know me, I'm a fan of a tabloid spoiler and I love to know what's going to happen ahead in my favourite soap. But without any spoilers, the story has been one surprise after another. And as we head to tonight's two episodes, I'm just hoping against hope that Rita will get out alive or I'll be in mourning for a month wearing a black armband and a big red wig.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seapenguin said:


They're taking us on a real bumpy ride this week on Coronation Street. There's been so much excitement that it's had my nerves stretched to the limit. I've been feeling like Lloyd Bridges in Airplane! Reckon I picked the wrong week to stop smoking/drinking/sniffing glue.
And there's still more drama to come this evening.
The main anxieties for me are, will Peter Barlow pull through (he must! he must!), and will they rescue Rita from under that mountain of confectionery.

The highlights for me last night were Molly's gruelling deathbed confession to Sally, and Peter and Leanne's even more gruelling wedding. I thought Sally Dynevor was particularly good.
Highlight of the week so far has been Ashley's death. A great exit for Steven Arnold.
"Oh no" moment of the night for me, was Charlotte having a pulse. My mind boggles at the thought of yet more being squeezed out of Stapewick. Obviously, there's yet another twist in the tail and perhaps it will be resolved this evening. At any rate, it's all wonderfully enjoyable stuff. A massive thanks to all concerned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...