Saturday 10 September 2011

Who's your favourite Corrie man at the moment?


(This post was originally posted by Seapenguin on the Coronation Street Blog November, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)

I started off by saying "male", as I think that's the term they use in the soap awards, but that sounds a bit 'orrible to me, so I'm saying "man".
I have a top three. They move around from one to three, two to one, and so forth, but basically it is a stable on-going three.
Not wishing to depress anyone in my top three by the way, but possibly best to bear in mind that I'm an "older woman", and thus I'm steering well clear of the Jason Grimshaws of this world except to advise them to wrap up warm, it's parky out.
Number one at the moment - and he is keeping me glued to the screen - is Peter Barlow. I especially like his scenes with Ken, and with Simon, and I thought he and Leanne made a lovely couple. (Leanne - what ARE you thinking?! Nick? puh-lease!) I'm also enjoying his scenes in the bookies with the frantic Stape at the moment. "I like your style, John." I love the glances he gives him! Last but not least, Peter can really work that casual "leaning against the bookies' smoking a fag then flicking it into the gutter" look. Wonderful.
Number two would be John Stape. Never mind that the Fishwick fiasco has dragged on for an eternity, I still find Graeme Hawley really entertaining to watch. John and Fiz are a terrific couple - or could be, if only there wasn't a dead Fishwick lurking under the factory floor. I keep hoping against hope that the Corrie powers that be will find a way to keep him in the show, instead of bumping him off.
Number three is Eddie Windass. Normally, he'd be either one or two, but as he's not in it much at the moment he's slipped in the ratings - only slightly mind. Eddie's one of the most entertaining Corrie characters ever, to my mind. I only wish he was in it more.
Bubbling under the top three are Owen (yes, I know he's got a horrible personality, but let's face it, he's got a brilliant gravelly voice), Ken Barlow (no, I've not got a "thing" for him, but I always enjoy watching him) and, to be honest, if he wasn't dead - Colin Fishwick. That 'tache!
Anyone else got any favourites just now, who keep them watching?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...