Monday 24 October 2011

Peter Barlow: Heartbreaker

(This post was originally posted by Chewy on the Coronation Street Blog in February 2011.)

How fantastic was Chris Gascoyne tonight? Truly one of the Corrie greats, along with the fantastic Alison King - also at the forefront tonight. It felt fantastic seeing Peter finally tell everyone how disappointed he was in them all.

Everyone in his life except Simon had some sort of gameplan - sadly it will be him who suffers most from the events of tonights episodes. Seeing Janice back in action was fantastic too, a real rough character, but with a heart of gold.

Oh, and is it me or did Peter have an air of 'Scarface' about him tonight?

4 comments:

OhSusannah said...

I just watched this episode tonight in eastern Canada.Loved Chris G. as Peter Barlow before but his acting was epic!I really thought Peter was going to kill Nick!All I could think of was,"You have son- Nick's so not worth it!"Wonderful scene.

Tvor said...

It was amazing work! Chris Gascoyne continues to impress me so much!

Anonymous said...

I agree that Peter's acting was phenomenal. I was terrified. Although I admit there was a part of me thinking, 'hit 'em Peter!'. heehee....

I think that Nick is despicable, and I hope he leaves the street soon. The whole plotline would have been more believable if they had used the previous, more handsome, younger actor. This one is just slimy and it doesn't make sense that Leanne would sleep with him.

Tvor said...

Oh Nooooo i couldn't abide the previous Nick, he was just a pretty boy and wooden and had no acting skills at all. This guy might not be as "pretty" but I think he suits the older slimier Nick far better. I do think Leanne probably had unresolved issues with Nick and he was her first love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...