Tuesday 13 March 2012

Life Goes On

This storyline was for all the pet lovers out there.  I did not think I would tear up like I did, but I confirm I did not cry.  Chesney's constant not seeing sense was starting to bother me but when the dog was put to sleep they did it perfectly.  I have experienced the loss of a pet to the injection (as well as scraping one off the roadway but we won't go there right now).

I loved how they kept the camera just on Chesney's face.  It was spot on, it was real.

I have a theory when it comes to pets and new babies.  I do believe that there are certain family dynamics whereby a beloved pet gives way for a baby and I have witnessed this twice.  Once, my friend's ginger cat  died while she was giving birth to her first born.  He was old and he just passed away.  I know this because I was looking after him at the time(!).

The second was my own pet cat.  She was our baby.  I even had her flown over when I moved from the UK.  I don't think she ever really forgave us for that.  We had her a couple years in Canada before we had to have her put down and a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant.  I knew deep down that the cat would not handle a new baby.  Would try to eat it or smother it, or smother me in my sleep.

Corrie has once again taken something the majority of us have gone though and allowed us to be there while our characters go through it.  Its nice to have a moment where I have something in common with my fictional social circle.  I can't say I have had a sister in prison for murder, nor have I had an affair with a married man, had his baby, and then lost my life being squished in a corner shop by a tram.


RIP to the Greatest Dane of them all.


1 comment:

Tvor said...

It was really well done and well handled. Poor old Chesser!

And i *love* that classic scene with Schmeichel in the jacuzzi! One of my all time favourite comedy moments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...