Monday 21 May 2012

Helen Flanagan interview on life after Corrie

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog in February 2012.)

Helen Flanagan has already left Coronation Streeet after appearing in the show since she was 10 years old.  Her character Rosie Webster will leave the Street for a celebrity life in that London on this coming Friday.

Helen gives a good, long interview with today's Sunday Mirror which is worth a read if you're a fan.


Helen says: “I’m so grateful for the ­opportunities Corrie has given me, but I was in a bubble and the time is right for me to go. It finally feels as though I’ve left my childhood behind. People keep asking me what I’m going to do next, but I just want to enjoy being me and live for the ­moment for a while. I’ve been on Corrie since I was 10. It hasn’t just been my job, it’s been my whole life.”

Now, as she leaves Coronation Street behind, Helen says she is more than ready for whatever the future holds. “I can’t wait to curl up on the sofa with Scott and watch my last episode,” she says. "I hope I’ve done it justice because my time on Corrie has been a huge, important chapter of my life. Now I’m looking forward to seeing what the next one has in store for me.”


Have a look at Rosie Webster's Top 10 moments.

Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...