Monday 4 June 2012

Corrie Canada weekly awards: May 28 - June 1

This is love?

Relationship Hangover award: (see Line of the Day below) Cracks in Peter and Carla's coupledom already and Peter's hitting the bottle again.

Convenient Community Service award: How likely would it really be that Lewis' community service would be located on Rosamund Street.

Employment query award: Why does Dennis have to have a job anyway? Surely he's drawing his Old Age Pension?

Smooth Operator award: Lewis dancing all over the restaurant critic and his snobbery.

Reality Bites award: Sally found out what Frank is really like.

Deja Vu award: Sally got cheated on again!
Deja Vu Deja Vu award: Another dead body in the factory!

You're not losing your factory, you're gaining one award. Why is Carla so nostalgic about selling the factory? She was going to start up again with Jenny's "massive order"... at least she thought so.

Faulty memory award: Carla says, sentimentally, she's got a lot of memories. Dead bodies. Fire. Explosions. Murder. Yes. lots.

Over the top award:Seriously. Satellite dishes are a third of that size these days. Is Karl hoping to pick up games from Neptune?? I think "Tez" sold him a 10 year old dish!

Technical fail award: Satellite dishes are *receivers* not transmitters. They couldn't possibly muck up the Streetcars radio!


Lines of the week:
Carla to Sally "What are you? the new time clock? Because I'll happily punch myself in!"
Stella about Steve "He's been married more times than Elizabeth Taylor" Beth "Elizabeth who? Is she from round here? Is she after my Steve?"
Frank (with vaguely disguised contempt) to Sally "Loathe as I am to pass up on frozen chicken balls..."
Sally about Frank "Men like him don't come along every day" (you can say that again)
Deirdre to Peter "I've got two words to say to you. Deja. Vu."
Sally to Kevin "You're worth 10 of him (Frank) and that's saying something"
Jenny "Are the workers distraught?" Frank "Not half as distraught as they'll be when I sack them all next week"
Frank to sally "In life there are winners and losers. At least for a short time, you were a winner"
Frank to Anne "I've got my life back. I don't need you." (Harsh)
Frank to Leanne "Me and you, we're victims" (Well, you are, for sure!)
Leanne to Carla "Am I paranoid or are you trying to ruin my life!?"
Dennis to Lewis "I know your type. I used to *be* your type"

Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...