Friday 10 August 2012

Corrie's "Not" "Big Week"

(This post was originally posted by me on the Coronation Street Blog in July 2012.)

We've all been subjected to "Big Weeks" in Coronation street in the past where there's been explosions, hostages, murder attempts, high drama and more. And quite often they fall flat. Aside from the tram crash episodes, the more hype we get, the less engaging it seems to be.

This week, for me, was a true "Big Week". (The week in question, when it aired in the UK was the episodes we saw from Wednesday to Friday on CBC) I enjoyed every single episode from Monday through to Friday night. I was not bored with any of them. I can't even say there were any "lowlights". While the bullying storyline wasn't really something I followed with great interest, it was at least short and sweet and the performances were fine.

Most of the week was Barlow-centric and I always love it when that happens. As expected, Peter and Carla seem to be finished and not before time. There's a new hunk on the street who flirts with anything female. Easy friendships are cut short by Kirsty's rages.

There's more about all of this on my longer blog post here.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...