Monday 20 August 2012

Every Street's a Coronation Street

(This post was originally posted on the Coronation Street Blog June 2012, reposted to this blog with permission.)

I was watching some Coronation Street videos on YouTube just now and I came across this little gem.
It's a song called Every Street's a Coronation Street sung by Max Bygraves and was released back in 1962. I must say I've never heard the song before. Have you? A bit of background to the song would be nice.
As it was recorded in 1962, the song does refer to the Coronation Street of the 1960s - the Rovers, the Mission Hall and the Corner Shop. There's also a reference to Ena Sharples and Elsie Tanner. And the person responsible for putting the song up on the site (Cymrobach1 which in Welsh means Little Welshman 1!) has done a clever slide show that runs concurrently with the lyrics of the song.  Have a look and listen and the tune's very catchy!
Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

eps said...

Gee, that was acute little tune. I did like the pictures.
Man! Too bad I am not a robot - maybe then I could distinguish these letters easier.rsunite

eps said...

Geez, I did not mean "acute", rather - a cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...