Sunday 12 August 2012

News on the CBC catch up and fall schedule

Now then, everyone has been wondering when the hour long CBC Corrie catch up is due to finish. Corrie fan Deborah alerted me to the latest news out of CBC which was published in a tv magazine from British Columbia, TV Week.

A spokesperson for CBC was quoted and said that starting on Monday September 3, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. Coronation Street will be 30 minutes long. Starting on Monday September 17, 2012 it will move to the new fall time of 7:30 p.m. with the 30 minutes episodes.


By our calculations, on Friday August 31, the last one hour Corrie on CBC, we'll be seeing episodes from the UK airdate Monday, August 20. That puts us an unprecedented 2 weeks behind the UK.

The closest I can ever remember was 6 weeks. As the UK airs extra episodes or special hour long episodes and as CBC puts CBC off for various reasons, (CBC is airing the next two Olympic games, by the way) we could still fall back a bit if they don't catch us up but I doubt we'll ever again  reach the record of near-11 months we were at one point.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish it was a 7pm, so then I could just switch over the american station to watch jeopardy - going to have to PVR one now!

Yay for the catch-up thought - 11 months was just horrible!

Anonymous said...

The problem with this is that the show runs for three hours a week in the UK... versus the 2 1/2 it'll be here come September. This means we'll be losing roughly a week's worth of episodes per month, and before you know it it'll be behind again.

Tvor said...

The normal schedule in the UK is 2 half hour episodes on Monday and on Friday and one half hour episode on Thursday. That's 2.5 hours a week and that will be the same as here. Yes, we could fall behind a little as they sometimes have extra episodes but we won't fall back too much too quickly.

Anonymous said...

I watch Coronation Street on cbc in OHIO (CH 59) and I LOVE it! I started watching Coronation Street this year...I'm really upset about the length and time change...now that I'm ADDICTED to watching it daily I feel CHEATED (actually I watch it twice a day, 7pm and at midnigt)!! Is there a SUPPORT GROUP? So GLAD I found this website.

Tvor said...

Welcome to the blog! We're on twitter and facebook as well where you can also find like minded Corrie fans and I believe there's a Facebook Corrie group for American fans

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...