Monday 5 November 2012

Tina O'Brien: "I'd love to return to Corrie"

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog August 2012, reposted to this blog with permission.)

There's a long interview in today's Mirror with Tina O'Brien, best known to us Coronation Street fans as Sarah-Lou(ise) Platt or the more recent Mrs Sarah Grimshaw.

Tina talks about her split from her Corrie co-star husband Ryan Thomas (who plays Jason Grimshaw) and says their relationship is friendly now, they get on well and share custody of Scarlett.

She explains: “There are times when it’s been quite difficult but I’m really fortunate to have my mum and dad and a brilliant family around me. And Ryan is unbelievably hands-on too, and she just loves being with him. He’s brilliant. Things are good. We have found a really nice way of doing things and Scarlett is really happy, which has always been the most important thing."

Last year there were rumours that she and Nikki Sanderson, who played Candice Stowe, were being offered big money to return to Coronation Street. Tina tells the Mirror: “I was never approached so I think that was just speculation. They did ask me back once, but I’d just signed to do Waterloo Road so there was no way I could. I had the best eight years ever on Corrie, I loved it. But I had been there since I left high school at 16 and felt I had to go. It was all I’d known and I had to get out and experience the big wide world.

“But now that I’m older, yes, I would LOVE the opportunity to go back one day.

"Sometimes I think they could bring Sarah-Lou back but with a different face, played by someone else. That happens – but it would be awful!”

Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...