Wednesday 26 December 2012

Carla and Peter's Corrie comeback

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog December 2012, reposted to this blog with permission.)

So Carla and Peter are returning to Coronation Street next week. As we've all seen from spoilers on the upcoming episodes their much heralded return appears to promise, well much of the same. As much as I really do like both Carla and Peter I am a little disappointed by this news.

How many times can we witness either Carla or Peter getting drunk and letting their loved ones down? How many times can either one of them neglect Simon? And how many times can Carla and Leanne scrap in the Street? I think it is a shame that after giving these characters a rest their return sees very little character development.

So what would this fan like to see?

Although it might seem boring, personally I would love to see Carla and Peter come back refreshed from their trip and in a solid relationship, as I do really like them together. I would also dearly love Carla to waltz back in to Underworld and immediately dispense with both Rob and Michelle's services. Yes, I know it will never happen, but for me Rob is a dreadful character we've all seen countless times before, played by a wooden actor. And as for Michelle... well where did she suddenly access all this business acumen? At this rate she'll replace that Hilary on Dragon's Den. I hate her lording it over the workers. Mike Baldwin she ain't! 

Anyway, I digress. What are your thoughts on Carla and Peter returning to the Street? Are you looking forward to seeing them again? And what would you like to see from them on their return? 


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...