Sunday 24 February 2013

Ex-Corrie fella vows never to return to Coronation Street

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog January 2013, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Sean Wilson, who played Martin Platt in Coronation Street, left the show in 2005 after it was claimed that he was unhappy with the direction his character was going. If you remember, Martin Platt had an affair with Katy Harris who was under the age of consent.

In his book "The Great Northern Cook book" (which is wonderful, by the way) Sean say this: "By 2005 I knew my tenure on the Street had to end. An editorial decision was made that Martin should embark on an underage relationship, something that made me uncomfortable. I picked up my coat and left in September in that year ending 21 years of massive fun with a fabulous on-set family."

And now Sean has confirmed his future is in cooking and cheeses rather than the cobbles. He told the North West Evening mail:

He said: “I will act again, but never with Coronation Street. They were very rude to me when I left, I would rather walk down any other street even if I had a nail in my shoe.”

Since leaving Corrie, he as established The Saddleworth Cheese Company and spent a lot of time cooking in Michelin-starred restaurants.



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...