Tuesday 19 February 2013

Making the most of Mandy

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog November 2012, reposted to this blog with permission.)

I love Lloyd Mullaney on Coronation Street and suspect most Corrie fans do, that'll be the reason ITV have seen fit to give him a family of his own. And so far, we've done our best to get our heads round a fully formed family turning up for Lloyd and we've given them the benefit of the doubt.

And so we have Jenna who's settling in nicely and believable as Lloyd's daughter, I feel.  Krissi Bohn who plays her is an excellent actress and while she might be romantically drawn to Sophie Webster right now, I think she could do so much better and hope she'll move on and find another lady love soon.

But what about Mandy the mum?  What do we fans think about her?  Well, I'm in two minds about this one.

On one hand, I don't think Mandy fits in. For me, she's not believable as either Jenna's mum or Lloyd's romantic interest. It just doesn't work for this fan on that level.

But on the other hand, ooh, the other hand, and here's where I think her strength lies, I'm absolutely loving Mandy working behind the bar of the Rovers. There's a touch of the soul of Betty about her with her crossed arms under an ample bosom, the knowing looks, the  'don't mess with me' countenance as she serves up the hotpots.  I'd like to see more of Mandy as her own woman rather than as Lloyd's lover.  She's a strong woman, independent, forthright and funky.  I like her and hope Corrie make the most of Mandy. What do you think?


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...