Saturday 9 February 2013

Well done, Mr Collinson

(This post was originally posted by me on the Coronation Street Blog in January 2013.)

A few months ago, we asked what you thought Phil Collinson's legacy would be when he left Coronation Street.

I've not really weighed in for or against him in the past but overall, when I weigh out what I've enjoyed vs what I haven't, I have to say I think he's done OK.

No producer is going to give us stories and characters that absolutely all of us are going to love because everyone has different tastes.  For the most part, when we've had new characters brought in, regardless of whether the storylines worked for me, the actors have generally been good at their job.

Some storylines have fallen flat. Some, for me, were dreadful. And some were very enjoyable, or if they weren't always, the fallout from a storyline and the knock on effect, gave us good stuff to watch.

I've written more about my own ups and downs with this producer's tenure and overall I give him a passing score.



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...