Tuesday 12 February 2013

What I loved about Last Night's Corrie

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in January 2013.)


I hadn't watched Coronation Street for over a week, but I decided to tune in again last night as I knew Audrey was going to catch Gail and Lewis and I couldn't miss that! I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by both episodes last night.

I found the Gail and Lewis developments in equal parts hilarious and disgusting. I don't often find myself in agreement with David Platt! Both David and Kylie's reactions to this latest development were hysterical and Sue Nicholls yet again played a blinder as Audrey. I'm biased because the woman can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned. We all know this will end badly for Gail and I can't help but think she deserves it. 

I also loved the brief exchanges between Gail and Eileen. The On the Buses gag in the Cafe was good fun but I particularly enjoyed their old fishwives routine in the Street. Both gave as good as they got, although Gail was particularly cruel I thought. I would love a proper return to the Gail/Eileen feud of old. Their famous cat fight on the cobbles will always be a Corrie highlight for me and it's clear both actors relish these encounters.

The surprising thing for me was how much I got involved in the Jenna and Sophie storyline which was the other big feature in the episodes. I love Craig Charles as Lloyd and his touching support for his daughter through her work and personal issues was terrific to watch. The writing was great and although Mandy's true feelings were difficult to watch, the performance was spot on and very believable. More of this please!


Other minor developments also entertained me. I enjoyed the scene with Ken and Steve conducting their conversation around the irrational, delusional Tracy. Deirdre's offer of making Steve a sandwich was hilarious (well, I thought so!) I also found myself getting very incensed about Julie and Norris ganging up on Tyrone in their exchange with Fiz and Tina. I can understand Norris having a go as he's widely known to be 9 parts nasty and 1 part unpleasant but Julie really should know better. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

I hope this positive trend continues! What did you think??


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

5 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

I could live without the Mandy storyline but the rest of it was great! Ugh when will Gail learn? I loved Eillen's comment about three husbands, all dead lol!

Tvor said...

Eileen and Gail's feud has been quite enjoyable over the years!

Trudy said...

David summed up Gail and Lewis so well "it's disgusting"

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Martin Platt is thanking his lucky stars that he got out while he still could.

Tvor said...

YOu're not wrong there!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...