Saturday 9 March 2013

What do you call Coronation Street - Corrie or Coro?

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog February 2013, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Ooh,  now, here's a thing  It could be controversial or it could have you banging your head off your laptop with boredom.

I've just read on twitter from @maddiniles97 who writes: "Get so angry when people call coronation street 'corrie' IT'S CORO!!!"

I always used to call it Corra until th'internet access came my way back in 1993 and the two first words I ever typed into th'internet then were "Coronation Street".  Once I got online and found fellow fans in the ether, I changed what I called our favourite soap from Corra to Corrie, such is the power of the web.

And it seems in New Zealand it's more popularly called Coro than Corrie.

So - what do you call it in your house, Coronation Street fans? Corrie or Coro? Or do you call it something else like The Street perhaps? 



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corrie, or "The Street"

Anonymous said...

Corrie - but I do remember calling it The Street at one time - before the internet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...