Saturday 4 May 2013

Blogger Graeme's current highs and lows

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in April 2013.)


Here we go with a quick round up of what this Corrie fan is loving and loathing in Coronation Street at the moment. Just my own personal views and opinions, but please feel free to comment and share your own thoughts!

We may as well start with some positives:

- I like that they are finally trying to take Mary in a different direction. She has been a spare part for a long time and the whole Norris thing should have died a death long ago. Although in reality someone like Dev would have hired a nanny through an agency, I hope this new storyline suits the character of Mary and shows the viewers a different side to her. Maybe they can bring out the best in each other?

- I really enjoyed the arrival of Sinead Tinker last night. I don't know if she will become a regular character but I certainly hope so. She appeared to be a very refreshing change as far as I could see. She was normal, polite, she didn't screech, get drunk or dance on tables. All very promising! It was also good to see another member of the Tinker family and more scenes with Beth and Kirk. Where was Craig though?

- Finally Anna saw sense and handed foul Faye over to her dad Tim. Here's hoping Faye finds out the grass definitely isn't greener on the other side of the street and returns to Anna with a massive apology. Yes, I know Faye is a damaged little girl, but it has been horrible to watch this play out. Either that or we can only hope Tim proves to be a brilliant dad and they both leave Weatherfield.

And now for the negatives:

- The Anna and Faye story. Why oh why have social services only become involved now? And only because Faye made the allegation. Surely as soon as Tim made contact, never mind moved into the street Anna would have informed social services and they would have mediated this situation? I don't think it paints a great picture, but I guess it makes for better drama.

- I've had enough of Norris being horrible to everyone. Yes I know it was Eileen on Friday and she ain't perfect but he really doesn't have a kind word for anyone. Norris hasn't had a decent storyline in quite some time, he just pops up regularly, is nasty to whoever crosses his path and disappears again. I know the character has more layers than that so perhaps it is time for the writers to show them again? 


- Eileen Grimshaw! Grim by name, grim by nature! Get a grip woman! To a certain extent she has brought her current misery on herself and in my view she is really lucky to have a grown up son who looks after her and an enthusiastic half-sister in Julie. The whole Paul and Eileen break up didn't work for me and I feel like it's really being drawn out. Eileen desperately needs to come back from her holiday with a smile on her face. Let's just hope she doesn't do a Deirdre and return with a toy boy. 


So what do you think about Corrie at the moment? What do you like and what do you loathe?



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...