Thursday 30 May 2013

Canada's No.1 Corrie Fan goes to the British Soap Awards


Canada's Number 1 Corrie Fan, Deborah Cyr, recently had a chance to attend the recent British Soap Awards on her holiday to the U.K. Deborah has met dozens of Corrie actors and is a dedicated fan. She was very lucky to get tickets for the awards *and* tickets for the red carpet. Here's Deb's overview. You can go to her website to see the rest of the details and lots more photos.

---------------------------------

"In March I booked a holiday to England, May 2nd - 27th. I had a few Corrie things planned and really hoped one of them would be to be on the red carpet of the British Soap Awards meeting actors as they arrived. A number of friends had done that in 2011 when the awards were in Manchester and it was something I really wanted to experience.

I never realized the odds of getting tickets this year were next to none, but somehow once again I had some Corrie luck on my side. Not only was I on the red carpet, but for the first time in the British Soap Awards history fans were given the opportunity to apply to be in the audience. I got three tickets for the red carpet and to be in the audience for the show. I got to cheer all my Coronation Street favourites as they won 8 awards, including best soap. My luck continued as I was given a goody bag that the actors left the ceremony with, thanks to Nathan Wright of Doctors.

My husband Al, good friend Emma and I were the first to arrive at Media City on May 18th and the last to leave. When we left, all of the actors had also left. Our feet were aching and the jacket potato we'd had at lunch was long gone, but we had the biggest smiles on our faces. It was one of the longest days, but a day we will never forget. Watching my favourite soap win, seeing the familiar faces arrive all glammed up and then meeting a number of the cast after. You can read all about it and see more photos on my website

This is another day I will remember for a very long time!!"


Photos copyright Deborah Cyr. Top photo shows her and her friend Emma with Oliver Mellor (Matt Carter) and Sol Heras (Ryan Connor)



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...