Monday 20 May 2013

Corrie Canada weekly awards: May 13 - 17

 The Joy of Cooking award: Gold Star: Eileen burned her cake on Paul's first day back at work (also winning the Ironic Award) and disguised it with icing and jam.
Silver star: Carla goes the minimal route. Deirdre experiments (coq au vin from scratch). I reckon none of them will end up with their own cooking show.


Blast from the past award: Ken and Peter both reckon Rob reminds them of Mike Baldwin. He does a little but he's got more smarm than the charm Mike could have now and then. Also, Peter quoted Blanche!

Underhanded award: Barlows' bookies is giving out free coffee right across the road from the cafe.

MYOB award: Norris is bad enough, but even though Leanne's allowed to disagree with her mother having Karl back and maybe marrying him, (though she says she won't) she's got no business doing everything she can to stop it just because she doesn't like him.

True Colours award: Karl tried to scare Leanne off.

Love is blind award: Stella is naturally going to believe Karl over Leanne without a suspicion.

If I was a Carpenter award: Kylie's rubbish at putting things together. Even Lego!

Cheesy business name award: "Denaro bank" really? "Denaro" is an Italian and Spanish slang word for Money. The Ultimate Ultimatum award: Leanne on investing in the Rovers. "It's Karl or the Rovers"

Bromance award: Tyrone and Tommy back together again!

Lines of the week:
Peter to Carla "Save you turning the microwave on" Carla "Oy cheeky, I'm always cooking!" Peter "A ham and cheese toastie? How is that cooking?" Carla "It started off cold, I made it hot. That, baby, is cooking" (works for me!)
Izzy "I'd rather stitch knickers" (Liar)
Lloyd to Steve "Your bum cheeks might be rock hard but the rest of you is hangin"
Owen to Izzy "Since when have you given a damn about what people think about you"
Ken about Rob "You know who he reminds me of? Mike Baldwin. And look at the chaos he caused"
Karl to Stella "Life without you would not be worth living" (and that's his whole motivation isn't it?)
David to Gail "You like surprises. I don't" (just you wait, David
) Gloria "Too fast? You've got cobwebs on your crow's feet!"
Sylvia "I married Roy's father because he held a door open for me in Woolworth's"
Peter to Carla "If it were Christmas every day it would never be Christmas at all" (Yay, a Blanche quote apparently!)
Kylie "I hope you're not expecting me to put the thing together, I can't even do Lego!"
Karl "Why am I here feeling accused?" (Oh, you wonder why?)
Rob to Tracy "Your brother's a snake" Tracy "That runs in the family"
Stella to Gary "I've no business, no home..." Gary "That's your business, not mine" (but it's also the reason you're working and you're not getting paid so it is in fact your business)
Peter to Rob "You really want to impress me, learn to count"
Roy "Does my mother's behaviour appear strange to you?" Hayley "I think 'strang-er' might be nearer the mark"br />
Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...