Sunday 5 May 2013

Could Corrie's Dev and Mary hit it off?

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in April 2013.)

Could Mary Taylor finally be over her deep longing for Norris Cole? Maybe. Am I worried that such thoughts are entering my head of their own accord? Most definitely!

As the spoilers for next week's Coronation Street show, Mary is front runner to become nanny to Dev's children, Aldi and Netto (NOT Asda, as Gloria Price suggested last week, thank you very much!) Apparently Mary has a gift for child care. We saw a hint of this when she looked after young Faye Windass not so long ago - oh how I want to see the back of her! - so obviously the powers-that-be are keen to take Mary in a new direction. As I mentioned in my blog yesterday this is not before time.

However, I am seeing strange parallels with a similar story that played out almost exactly a decade ago. Following the death of wife Maxine, Ashley Peacock hired Claire Casey in April 2003 to be nanny for his son Joshua. Eventually love blossomed and the pair married. Can you see where I'm going with this? Could Dev and Mary get it together?

No I don't think it will happen either, but it was a weird thought and I wanted to share it with you all.



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...