Saturday 25 May 2013

Graeme's Heros and Villains of the week

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in May 2013.)

Time to look once again at who has been good and who has been bad in the streets of Weatherfield this week. This week was dominated by one particular story yet again, however there was thankfully a few other more interesting developments too. And finally, my beloved Audrey got some screen time!

So first of all to my hero of the week. A difficult one to chose this week as there wasn't exactly a groundswell of good deeds on the cobbles. In the end, I've decided to go for Anna Windass. Yes, I know she can be incredibly annoying with all that bleating at Gary, Faye, Owen and well, anybody that will listen. And yes I know her current position as Salford's very own Mother Earth is a long way from the character that first arrived back in 2008, but I do think poor Anna is coping rather well in the face of multiple misery.


She had it on all fronts this week. 'Orrible Owen was battling Beige Stella in the fight to save t'Rovers. Gary was deceiving girlfriend Izzy while becoming increasingly creepy towards surrogate mother Tina. And Tim was obviously starting to struggle with the reality of being a dad to nasty little Faye. Just your average week then. However despite all this, Anna clung on as the rock of the family. She stuck by Owen in his feud with St Ella, and told her a few home truths along the way (Go girl!) She told Gary straight when he was openly lying to Izzy. And she handled the Tim/Faye situation just right, while standing up to bullyboy Owen in the process. Not bad, all things considered!

Now to my villain of the week. I'm afraid it has to be Karl Munro. The character makes my flesh crawl. It says plenty about St Ella that she's taking this nasty piece of work back and is prepared to overlook all his past misdemeanours. So much for building a relationship with long lost daughter Leanne too. Mum of the Year Stella has let cheating, lying, arsonist Karl come between them all too easily.

I'm hating the way Karl is stuck to Stella like a limpet in every scene. I know the truth is bound to come out but honestly, how much longer can the writers stretch this out for? It's a shame really as Karl had great potential as an honest, every man character. Of course the writers had to muck about with that almost immediately. I am dreading scenes this week that see Stella don the cleaner's tabard at the Bistro while the delightful Karl continues to do nothing but buy cans of Stagg Ale from the shop owned by the man whose ex-wife he is responsible for burning to death.

I have a horrible feeling there will be a big revelation just as vile Gloria walks Stella down the aisle. I wonder what colour her wedding frock might be?...

So those are my choices, what are yours?




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...