Tuesday 21 May 2013

Introducing the St Ella Drinking Game!


(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in May 2013.)

Now this is in no way encouraging beige, sorry binge drinking amongst the Corrie ranks (or should that be Corrie massive?) I just needed to come up with a fun way to sit through the current tedium that is Coronation Street.

Is it just me or does Stella appear in every scene ITV broadcasts of Coronation Street at the moment? I know the Rovers Landlady is traditionally a pivotal role in the Street. Both Annie Walker and Bet Lynch featured prominently throughout their tenures in the Rovers Return. The big difference for me though is that both the aforementioned characters were immensely likeable and well drawn. Unfortunately for me, the similarities end with them all being Landladies of the Rovers Return.

I am trying to be fairly lighthearted about this, but honestly, I am waiting for Stella to pop up through a manhole cover on the cobbles. At the moment the woman features even more often than the bleedin' Bistro. By the way, how can everyone manage to eat there practically every night?! Does nobody live on a budget? Is it the only restaurant in Weatherfield? After a huge bust up with Leanne, where do Stella, Karl and Gloria go for a plate of spag bol and a bottle of cheap Chianti? Where else but Nick and LEANNE'S Bistro. When Peter and Carla have a huge row about Leanne, where do they go for a bucket of Pinot Noir and a fizzy water? Nick and LEANNE'S Bistro. 


It's all more than a little ludicrous. 

Anyway, back to my little game. Every time Beige Stella appears on screen, pour yourself a wee drinkette. It doesn't matter what your tipple is, be it gin like Audrey, vodka like Rita or a pint of snakebite like Becky.

Before long, you'll have forgotten St Ella ever existed in the first place. As the Meercats would say, simples!



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I think I'm going to need to start with the opening credits. I just don't know if this will work if I actually have to listen to St Ella's voice before the first shot...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...