Friday 28 June 2013

Loving Corrie this week!

(This post was originally posted by me on the Coronation Street Blog in June 2013.)

I'm starting to be cautiously optimistic about Corrie. I'm finding more and more that I'm really enjoying lately. Wednesday and Thursday's episodes in Canada, written by Jonathan Harvey were great!

Dev's obsession is great! I'm still enjoying Jimmi Harkishin's performance and loving watching Karl scheme and squirm. It's driving him to desperation and he nearly knocked off Dev on Friday before managing to talk Dev down. I loved Mary putting forth her point of view. From her perspective, those kids are being bullied and if Dev settles down, moves on and helps the children through their grief, maybe they will too.

Karl is really getting close to the edge, and he nearly confessed to Gloria though she gave him an "out" with the post traumatic flashback suggestion. We all know it won't end there. Dev may have given up for now but something else will come along.

I'm one of those that has enjoyed the surrogacy story and watching Tommy and Rita having doubts while Tina is determined (right or wrong) is very realistic. They all want to support her even if they don't think she's doing the right thing. Dennis scolded them for their blind loyalty. Wonderful! He just jumps off the screen when he's finally given something to do! I am already tired of all the Windasses and Armstrongs hurling insults in the street at T&T and that's going to get old really fast. They're right to be angry but it's tedious, too.

Something's going on in the cafe. Things are being moved around and everyone is starting to wonder if there's a ghost or something. I'm betting Roy is repressing his emotions after his father's death so much so  that he's sleepwalking.

Eileen's trying to cope with Paul's job and not doing it very well. I kept thinking that the fire department would have family resources in place to help with things like that and Eileen finally mentioned it. Why nobody else has brought it up before then, I don't know. I also love that Steve and Eileen's friendship is back in full force.

We're also seeing the beginning of what will probably be the big reveal about Nick and Kylie. David's suspcions are aroused and we all know what happens when that...er.. happens.

Yep, overall, I would class this week's episodes, Friday's in particular, as top class Corrie!




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dev's obsession - he reminds me so much of Columbo, the old tv detective, right down to the rain coat he is now always wearing - love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...