Monday 8 July 2013

Craig Charles: "I could be first black Doctor Who"

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog June 2013, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Craig Charles, who plays Coronation Street's Lloyd Mullaney, has told how he'd be thrilled to become the first black Doctor Who as the search for a new Time Lord continues.

As well as his acting role on Corrie, Craig is also a Funk and Soul DJ - and he said he'd be delighted to become the next Doctor after BBC bosses and show insiders said they're seriously considering casting a black actor.

Craig told Purple Revolver: "Yeah, having a black Doctor Who would be double cool. To be asked by the Beeb would be great, its such a classic show. But I think there would probably be too much cross-over with Red Dwarf, as we've got a new series lined up next year.

Also, I would have to grit my teeth a bit, because the thing about Dr Who that always annoyed me was the graphics are crap. But, even if I can't be the first black Doctor, I am the first black man to own a house on Corrie, which is as good a claim to fame."



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...