Monday 2 September 2013

Your favourite Corrie wedding

As it's a lovely sunny Friday and I'm feeling in a wedding-y mood, I thought I'd ask all our blog contributors which Corrie wedding is their ultimate favourite. Carla has  proposed to Peter Barlow and Stella and Karl are about to get married as well. It does set my mind boggling as to the lavish wedding Ms Connor might plan for herself. Carla Barlow does sound quite good I think.


Anyway, which wedding is your own personal favourite? Let's face it, there are plenty to choose from. It seems the days are long gone where a Weatherfield wedding can take place without disruption, lies and deceit or police intervention. Does anyone else long for a straight forward wedding, or would that just be too dull for words?

Personally, I loved both of Roy and Hayley's weddings, apart from Mary's involvement in the second one. I also remember enjoying Alf and Audrey's nuptuals, courtesy of a DVD boxset. There was a wonderful lack of pretentiousness to the proceedings - Alf just couldn't wait to get his hands on the pies on offer in the Rovers Select. Of course nowadays everyone has to get married in a stately home or have an extravagant theme to their weddings.


One of the most famous of all the Coronation Street weddings has to be Ken marrying Deirdre back in 1981. We know all the history of this and the coincidences involving a certain Royal wedding taking place at the same time. I loved the follow up in 2005 which also saw a similar doubling up. I know which wedding I was more interested in!

So what's been your all time favourite Corrie wedding? And which characters would you love to see wed who have not yet tied the knot?


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...