Sunday 20 July 2014

Julie Hesmondhalgh on a new relationship for Roy

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog May 2014, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Julie Hesmondhalgh, who played Hayley Cropper on Coronation Street, says it would break her heart if she sees former on-screen husband Roy Cropper with someone new.

Julie says:  "I'm sure at some point Roy will have to try and see someone again and I'm sure he'll have Hayley's blessing and they'll have much discussion about that, so I'll be very happy to live on in conversations in the street."

On how she'd deal with seeing a new woman in Roy's life, Julie admitted: "As Julie, it will kill me, I'll find it very, very difficult, but I think Hayley would give him her blessing. I think she'd want him to live on, as long as it was someone nice."

David Neilson says this about Roy: "He'll get into a relationship... Whether that's a relationship in the accepted sense I don't know.  I just want to do interesting stories. I don't mind if he builds himself a kalashnikov out of Meccano and takes half the street out, I'll enjoy it."

Corrie producer Stuart Blackburn has already ruled out a new love interest for Roy.  He says: "We are now building a new friendship for Roy, but as long as I'm producer, he will not have a romance with anyone.  If that's the only story we can give Roy, we're a bit crap at our job."  However, he also says that Roy is "pushed into actions he never imagined".

You can relive Roy and Hayley Cropper's love story, all 16 years of it, from Hayley's first appearance on Coronation Street until her very last.  There's a fab little book, with a foreword by Julie Hesmondhalgh - it's A Perfect Duet.



A Perfect Duet - the Diary of Roy and Hayley Cropper
With a foreword by Coronation Street actress Julie Hesmondhalgh, who played Hayley Cropper for 16 years


Facebook page for the book.

Available from FBS Publishers, Amazon UK, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada and Waterstones.com. 
Available as an eBook on Kindle, Kobo, Barnes & Noble and iBook.
Bookshops in Australia can order via their wholesalers.



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...