Friday 5 September 2014

"Such a waste of good gin!" Corrie at its best

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in August 2014.)


Oh Coronation Street! Every time I think I'm ready to give up on you, you come bouncing back with an episode or a few scenes that are just pure joy.

Tonight's double bill of episodes had me laughing out loud at several points. I also felt immense relief that Nick finally admitted his deception. I was with Leanne all the way with her plate smashing performance. Sue Nicholls stole the show (as usual) as Leanne prepared to smash a bottle of gin "Such a waste of good gin!" Bless her heart, always so practical is our Aud.

Then along comes Deirdre, hysterical that Eccles is missing. There's not much that can silence Carla going at it full pelt but Deirdre managed it with her description of Tyrone "He's not been right since her with the hair started smacking him with the hoover nozzle." Anne Kirkbride was terrific again tonight. 

Finally, chez Platt, Gail was reminiscing about how Audrey apparently mucked up her fifth birthday party "Welcome to the Audrey Potter School of Mothering!" Poor Michael! That scene also provided us viewers with the following reactions to Michael's nocturnal invitation to Gail:


FIrst Audrey:



Then David and Kylie:

I thoroughly enjoyed these episodes this evening, the best for a while. I hope this continues! And Audrey was right, what a terrible waste of gin! 


Follow me on Twitter @GraemeN82 


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree. It was a great episode. Usually I am round the bend because of Gail's twittering and smirk-smile, but the reactions of the supporting Platts were fabulous antidotes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...