Friday 3 October 2014

Jean Alexander back at home following recovery from stroke

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog September 2014, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Jean Alexander, who played Coronation Street's Hilda Ogden, is back in her own home after recovering from a stroke.

The Liverpool Echo reports that the 87-year-old, who played Cobbles cleaner Hilda Ogden for 23 years, said today: “Thank you to everyone for all the goodwill messages. I was very touched but there is life in the old dog yet.”

“I am back home where I am happy, fit and well after that little hiccup. I am getting on with life as normal.”

She said staff at Southport and Formby general hospital had been “magnificent” and added: “I am enjoying life with family and friends. In fact, I’m just going out to do the weekly shop at the supermarket.”

Speaking about playing Hilda in Corrie, Jean told the Liverpool Echo: “Hilda was fun, especially with the scrapes Stan got in. I understood her because I knew a lot like her when I was young. Hilda was a hard worker and kept Stan in order. They’d bicker, but let anyone say anything about the other and they were up in arms. I’m flattered the character was so successful. I appreciate that people enjoyed what I did. It makes me feel very grateful for my existence.”



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...