Saturday 27 December 2014

Bring back Coronation Street eco-warrior Spider Nugent

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog December 2014, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Anyone who knows me (hello!) will know that my favourite Coronation Street male character was Spider Nugent.  I know, I know.  Anyway, Martin Hancock, the actor who played Aunty Em's favourite nephew has been interviewed by The Express. 

It's one of those 'where are they now' type of interviews and Martin talks about getting the role of Spider on Coronation Street. He says:

"The casting director of Coronation Street, June West, came to see the play and thought I might work for the role of a new character they were developing. So I went for an audition for eco-warrior Spider Nugent in London, as they were auditioning a lot of people all over the country.  When my agent rang, I thought she was joking when they said I was going to be Spider. I went to live in Manchester for a five-month contract, with an option to extend it if the storyline worked. It was an amazing experience. My mother was thrilled as Coronation Street is almost a religion in New Zealand. She was really proud of me."



 
As to the future, Martin says: "... well, I may go back to Coronation Street one day. Who knows when Spider Nugent might return?”
 
Oh go on, Corrie, take him back and soon - and Toyah could return too!



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...