Friday 1 May 2015

David Platt and the Corrie comedy crew of villains

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog April 2015, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Where's Psycho-Dave when you need him? Unleash the evil David, please.
 
Are we really to believe that the current David Platt is the same David Plat as the lad who pushed his mother down the stairs, smashed up the Street, drove himself into a canal just to ruin his sister's wedding day, hid drugs in baby Bethany's doll's head, ran a campaign of hate towards his mum by sending her cards signed 'with love from Richard Hillman' leading to that wonderful clip of Gail, when she found out what David had been up to, screaming: "Do you have any idea what you've put me through? I'm on pills for God's sake!"?

It's well worth another look, below.



I can't be the only Coronation Street fan having trouble with David being so simpering and servile to comedy Callum and his gang of dastardly cartoon villains.  They're about as scary as blancmange on national jelly day.


 
Speaking of jelly, I think someone at Coronation Street is having a joke with Callum's car number plate.

It all adds to the campness and feyness of Callum and his crew, the prince of the Dog and Gun and his dog rough posse. And I have to admit, it's adding to my enjoyment of this storyline which seems to be showing no end.

A fitting end to Callum (and an end there must be, as he is a baddie after all) would be, I reckon, for David to tie Callum up and take him for a little ride in the Batmobile, I mean Audrey's car, all the way into the canal...

Read here my thoughts on Callum as Corrie's softest hard lad and just take a look at his skanky henchman's lovely manicured nails.  I rest my case.    

Glenda Young 
Flaming Nora Blog / Twitter  




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...