Friday 20 May 2016

Claire King worries Erica will be axed from Corrie

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog April 2016, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Claire King, who plays Erica Holroyd on Coronation Street, has spoken today about her fears that she might be axed from the show when the new producer Kate Oates comes in.

In an interview with The Mirror today, Claire says: “I don’t know if I will be safe. They always like to put their own stamp on things, I have been around the block a few times so I know how it works.

“It will be fine if she feels the character does not work. We are all self-employed and you adapt and change when things happen.”

When new Corrie producer Kate Oates worked at Emmerdale she killed off a number of characters in a helicopter crash.

I do hope Claire doesn't get the chop as I'm enjoying Erica a lot. I just wish they'd kept her strong and single instead of pairing her off with comedy Dev.

What you do you reckon?




Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street - official ITV tribute to a soap icon. Available here.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Sd said...

I could think of a ton of people who could be axed before Erica.

It's a list way too long to publish.

I like her and her character and she can act. They need to develop Erica's role.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...