Wednesday 12 April 2017

Bill Roache: Worried Ken was being written out

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog March 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Bill Roache, who plays Ken Barlow in Coronation Street, was speaking at a fundraiser for Rainbows children’s hospices reently.

In his speech, he referred to Ken's stroke storyline and said: “When Ken had a stroke it made me think about his mortality. I got a bit worried they might be writing him out. Fortunately his recovery was quite quick.

“I always get the doom and the gloom. I’d like a happy storyline. I used to get a bit of comedy with Blanche quite a lot, but the Barlows tend to be the misery people. Ours are ­always horrible to make everybody else’s seem better.

“I have a heavy story at the moment and it’s getting more challenging. We film sometimes 12 hours a day and then learn lines at night. I’ve a lot to do."

And long may he reign!







Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...